Title: Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Director Medical
Manage health problems and coordinate health care for the patient in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
• Generates knowledge from clinical practice to improve practice and patient outcomes.
• Applies clinical investigative skills to improve health outcomes.
• Productivity in terms of encounters per month
• participation & contributions to enhance quality for patient care
1. Demonstrate excellence in customer service of internal and external customers/patients
2. Demonstrate excellence in HIPPA compliance
1. Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co-workers, including managers, providers, support staff and business office staff
2. Develop and maintain favorable external relationships with vendors and community leaders
Stewardship and Professionalism
1. Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
2. Uphold and insure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS AND DUTIES
Functions independently to provide preventative, acute and chronic care to patients within scope of certification (family, adult etc.)
• Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
• Elicits and records information about patient's medical history.
• Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
• Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
• Administers or prescribes treatments.
• Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient's condition and allergies.
• Discusses any possible side effects and alternative treatment options to medication or immunization with patient.
• Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
• Promotes health by advising patients about diet, exercise, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease, including STDs.
• Documents the patient's visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
• Work in a collaborative relationship with team members and physician to manage complex cases
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge about the various medical processes and procedures
• Strong Computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
• Degree from an accredited nurse practitioner program
• Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin
• Current certification in specialty area
• BLS certified
• Sitting greater than 50% of the time
• Walking and standing less than 50% of the time
• Occasional bending and lifting