Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha
8633 32nd Ave
Kenosha, WI, United States
Unit Manager, RN
Kenosha, WI, United States
Customer Service, Health Care Services, Nurse, Other
Makes frequent rounds to note resident/patient conditions and to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
2. Gives/receives the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
3. Ensures assigned work area (i.e. nurse station, med cart, medication room, etc.), resident/patient care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. Monitors supplies and orders are needed.
4. Attends regularly conducted staff meetings as scheduled by the Director of Nursing and participates regularly in continuing education in-service programs.
5. Provides the following nursing functions: • Responsible for resident/patient care during his/her respective shift. • Provides required patient assessments and interventions. • Reviews care plans, at least daily, to ensure appropriate care. • Apraises the DON of resident/patient status changes in condition
Participates in care plan development and attends resident/patient care conferences. • *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Center Disaster Plan. • Uses required protective equipment.
6. Responsible for over seeing assigned Center core programs
7. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Center’s Compliance Program.
8. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
9. *Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
10. Follows center dress and hygiene policies.
11. Safety • Knows and follows center rules. • *Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs. • Follows center-smoking policies. • Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate center personnel. • Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor. • *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Center Disaster Plan. • Uses required protective equipment. • Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
12. Resident Rights • Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights. • Reports resident/patient complaints to management. • Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
13. HIPAA • Follows and adheres to Center's policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information. • Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to completed assigned tasks (applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Base Access Grid). • Report all suspected violation of company's HIPAA policies or procedures to Center Privacy Designee.
: Possesses a current license to practice in the State as an RN.
: At least one year of experience preferred. Prior experience working in a long-term care center required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
: Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other center staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Knowledge of long term rules and regulations. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
Sign-on Bonus for nurses who are hired.
Please send resume for further information.