**Please note this is a year round internship. 20 + hours / week during the academic year.**
School is top priority so TDS offers very flexible schedules, while requiring you to work at least 20 hours per week.
As an organization, TDS knows that our own employees are some of the most talented individuals around which is why appoximately 50% of our positions over the past year have been filled by internal candidates. This internship will not only give you the opportunity to apply what you are learning in school in a real-world business setting, but it will give you exposure to many other opportunities within the organization that can provide a long-term career path.
At TDS we don’t just invest in the success of our customers; we also invest in the success of our community. Local presence and connection to our community is vital to who we are at TDS. TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities. In 2017 TDS had 543 employees volunteer and contribute in their neighborhoods.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
- TDS has an Intern EmplIntern Employee Resource Group (ERG) with the purpose to support a diverse and inclusive community of interns by providing resources for development, opportunities for internal advancement and forums to connect with other interns. This group meets once a month and allows you to hear from other interns about their projects as well as leaders within the organization about their team. They host networking events to get you connected within the organization with the goal of finding fulltime employment within TDS by graduation. Additionally, there are monthly social events with other interns throughout the Madison area
- An employer that places priority on employee development and training with a key focus on internal promotion
- Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
- A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
- Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
- TDS Telecom actively supports many local charities, University of Wisconsin activities, and community events and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
Dynamic Delivery of Content
Develop dynamic web products that deliver content to audiences throughout the organization. Design, implement and maintain web pages, web apps, graphics, forms, and workflow solutions hosted on the TDS Telecom Intranet.
Reporting & Metric Development
Design reports and metrics to summarize information, leveraging automated solutions where possible. Help architect solutions through research, design, coding and testing that aggregate information from multiple data systems and input from management to support data-driven decision making.
Support information gathering sessions with business process owners to understand data requirements and objectives. Assist project leads and provide technical guidance for the design, development, and implementation of customer centric solutions.